This draft website for Shiloh Cemetery is being considered by the Board of Trustees
Randy Beckham, Vice President
Ginger Oliver, Secretary
Elaine Rains, Treasurer
Mark Webster, Trustee At Large
Gerald Morgan, Trustee At Large
Jerald Beckham, Honorary Trustee
As Trustees, we pledge to do our best to provide affordable grave spaces for those who need them and to maintain Shiloh as a cherished burial ground while retaining its rural and historic identity.
We welcome you to contact us at
Shiloh Cemetery Association, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit corporation organized for the management, maintenance and improvement of Shiloh Cemetery in Sumner, Florida. Supported by private donations and modest grave space privilege fees, Shiloh provides an affordable option for those needing its services.
Shiloh Cemetery Association, Inc. is registered with the State of Florida
as a qualified charitable organization.
"A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435- 7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION
BY THE STATE."
In 1855, Allen Osteen was granted 80 acres of land as payment by the US government for his military service in two tours of duty in the Second Seminole War. Osteen did not want the land and it was conveyed to William Yearty. When Yearty died in 1875, his widow, Caroline, buried him on their land, designating one acre as a cemetery which is the present location of Shiloh Cemetery's Ancestral area. On January 21, 1907, W. B. Ellis deeded a parcel of the original cemetery for burial of the dead with W. R. Hodges, J. M. Wright, William F. Ingram, Robert L. Smith as trustees. On October 21, 1920, another adjacent parcel of the original cemetery was deeded by W. R. Hodges for burial of the dead with Jesse Ford, and Charlie Miller, trustees. In 2003, the Trustees who held the deeds to the cemetery, conveyed them to Shiloh Cemetery Association, Inc., to combine with the surrounding nine acres of land donated by Etter T. Usher, making it the ten acre cemetery it is today.